I’ll be out of town (again) this weekend, so here’s a little sumthin’-sumthin’ that I’ve whipped up just for you! Let me know what you like, what there’s too much of, what you suggest might be able to be changed. Have a great weekend everybody!
What You Might’ve Missed
(since Aug. 2nd)
Staying Savy and Techie
- Wordcount advises on things you need to know if you’re considering on joining BlogHer.
- After posting my review for Mockingjay, I decided to go on a hunt for other reviews for whether it’s for the series or just a single book. Instead I found Kate @ Ex Libris; a post on observations she’s made via the Twittersphere and other post inquiries being made about particular situations and characters throughout. (P.S. If you haven’t read Mockingjay be aware of many spoilers)
- A post on the HarperCollins Tumblr page has a really good post by Aubry Parks-Fried on why she loves YA novels even though he’s an adult (no crime in that).
- Megan @ Book Brats made an eye opening post on what a future or even current book blogger might have to take into consideration on expenditures to running a book blog. It’s pricey needless to say but such an interesting read.
- Belle of the Literati discusses her top recs for generally anybody looking for a good read.
- Andrea @ The Busy Bibliophile asks: When is a spoiler a spoiler? and then there’s also Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide who asks what to do when you spot spoilers in another bloggers review.
- Do you watch book trailers? Imogen Russell Williams @ The Guardian wrote a post on her opinion behind the idea of book trailers. Pros? Cons? Join the conversation.
- What you need to survive the first few weeks of motherhood by Kristi @ The Story Siren.
- Asti @ Bookish Thoughts gives tips on how to host a good blog.|
- Natalie @ Book, etc. questions whether she should have a rate for her reviews or not.
- Everything you need to know about moving to WordPress and on how everybody’s moving to WP by Nose Graze.
- Helen @ My Novel Opinion tries to decide what’s the best way to keep from having a huge TBR list.
- Is there really no such thing as bad publicity? by Parajunkee.
Other Reviews and Featured Books
- Another book post by Apartment Therapy but this time it’s beautiful children’s books.
- The Book Thief is going to be a movie! Women24 put together a slide of the 10 books you should really consider reading before they become movies.
Book Related Stuff
- Web Urbanist does a feature post on Walmart turned North America’s largest library. Why can’t we have more like this? – Also…
- Sorry guys I couldn’t help it when I did a random Google search on ‘library in hotel‘ and this hotel in NYC came up. The floor plan is based on the Dewey Decimal System! ❤ [P.S. if you love me you’ll send me on a week-long vacation/staycation]
- Words on Wheels, a service of provided by Temple University in North Philadelphia, USA, where it’s sole purpose is to deliver books to kids from ages toddler to teen during the summer to get their read-on!
- Looking for a good read for your next Book Club meet? Check out BookMovement.com which is loaded with great recommendations and it’s free to sign up!
- Two Peas & Their Pod presents a recipe for Vegan Chocolate-Avocado Cookies
My Question for the week:
What’s the most interesting thing you’ve heard? Let’s gossip 😉