I’m finding some great stuff out there right now, but I choose to be a little of a lackey in the sense is I won’t immediately jump on the bandwagon and participate in everything. I’ll let things calm down or I’ll use it when I really need it to fill in if I haven’t posted something in a long while.
What You Might’ve Missed
(since Aug. 16th)
- Tara discusses the reconsideration of strong female characters, referencing New Statesman article: I hate strong female characters.
- Jenni rants about her least favorite things about blogging.
- Natalie does an HP Mash.
- Ashley gives creative ideas for you blogger business cards.
- Not sure what to read next? Take a Reading Vacation through this flow chart.
- Laura does pros and cons of audiobooks versus print.
- Helen talks genre snobbery and reader stereotyping.
Book Related Topics
- 20 Books you’ll want to read in 40 years (if ever).
- CTV News covers a story on Quebec government contemplating to regulate book price.
- A kids views if there was a world-less of libraries via Book Riot.
- Guy uses a children’s picture book to propose CUTE!
- Book Riot: A Twentysomething survival edition.
- “Orange is the New Black” watcher? Book Riot compares the difference between book and show.
- Kidz Korner review on a book The Strange Case of Origami Yoda.
- 10 things to add to your lit-themed life.
Reviews I loved
- Kelly wrote a review on The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
- This cover! The review of Broken Forest is great too 🙂
Need a Book Break?
- Try making these DIY Lave Lamp Jars.
- Bake up a batch of Peach Pecan Muffins or Peanut Butter & Pecan Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches.
- Sew up a Sea Turtle Softie.
Question of the week
Do you think book prices are fair?