What You Might’ve Missed…
Reviewed Tucker Max’s I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (3 Stars)
Reviewed Kathryn Stockett’s The Help (5 Stars)
WoW: Eat, Brains, Love by Jeff Hart (Release Date: October 1. 2013)
My List of Friday Finds, full of currents and classics
What I’m Up To…
Finishing up Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara, hoping for a review by next week. I’m also doing a few updates on my own personal website, which is being converted for a health and personal stories blog. So if you want to know more about me come visit me there. I’m also waiting for a few audiobooks that I’ve put on hold with the public library, ones that I started listening to and they expired before I could finish. There’s 3 titles. Otherwise, I’m going back to paper 🙂 Also planning on getting a library card at the public library here in the city I moved to.
- Danny gives some great tips on finding outstanding audiobooks.
- Beth tells us about some of her favorite comic-strip finds.
- 5 Reasons Censorship Isn’t Black & White.
- Reflections after hitting the 5 year mark of her blog: Beth Fish Reads.
- Goodreads, Censorship; Heard of it? Ellie talks about it.
- Can you identify the difference between a rap lyric and poetic verse? Test yourself!
- Something I never really thought of is who is narrating the story. Ellie tells us about her favorite POV narrator.
- Amber talks about why To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was banned.
Blogger Reviews; Rants & Raves…
- Jessi tells us about the books she didn’t finish.
- Beth also tells us about her listen of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own by Catherine M. Vaente
My Final Thoughts…
Oh gosh guys I’m super sorry for the list. I had over 1,000 unread posts on Bloglovin’, I’m slipping. So many distractions and bad internet connections. I’m keeping up, right?