Sorry guys, I was doing a bit of traveling last weekend and didn’t get around to share anything. In that case, there will be some old stuff and new stuff, but when don’t I have old stuff? I love sharing stuff that somebody might’ve missed 😉
What You Missed…
Reviews The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley Extras I found a really cool compilation of DC female characters promoting Breast Cancer Awareness, as a woman and reader it was part of duty to ensure people are in the “know”. What I’m Up To Started Laurie Halse Anderson’s Chains, which is the first book of the series Seeds of America.
You’re also now reading the works of a school librarian! I have had numerous interviews and although it was originally revoked, I was re-offered a position for a bilingual school library. I’m so very excited to get my hands dirty 🙂 Careful, I might start getting input from some of you eager library beavers 😉
With all that being said, I have also applied at my local library for a membership, so this will be exciting as I’ll be able to dip into my Goodreads TBR list without dipping into my bank account 😉
— Black ‘n Write (@TaintedVampyre) October 8, 2013
I’ve realized how much being surrounded by all these books it’s a scary thought. Also, although I’m on the fence with everything Goodreads, I’m definitely utilizing them to my fullest with the fact that I have so many unfinished collections in my new school that I need to look it up to help students find what I may or may not have. It’s frustrating that I’ve started keeping notes on the books I may have to look into purchasing after this bookfair.
- Caregivers, parents and teachers are always looking for ways to help children learn to read, perhaps there’s something at Apartment Therapy that you haven’t tried yet.
- Or perhaps you need ideas on helping a little one go through a color identification phase. Check out these 5 ideas.
- I’m not usually a fan of destroying books for other purposes, but some of them just aren’t salvageble.
- Those conversations that just make you stop as a book reader.
- Best mugs for book lovers!
- Which of these libraries would you love to have?
- 7 Ways to fake it in Book Club.
- 14 Banned Book Trading cards!
Blogger Bookish Rants & Raves…
Get Your Opinion In…
- Join in the Goodreads conversation with Nafiza in the lead, on her post on where Goodreads is going wrong.
- Jessi and Inky debate (slightly) on the review process. Get your 2 cents in!
- Perhaps you have a solution for Jessi’s “PTBD”?
- Ellie’s also dealing with her own variation of the slumps. Join in!
- Caffeinated Book Lover has a guest poster, check out these five things you might want to consider once you’ve survived the Zombie Apocalypse.
Book Girls Don’t Cry, how can a book wind up on your ‘Did Not Finish’ list?
- How tired are you of the conversation on the veneration of books?
- Moving in with a book lover? Check out these tips and perhaps share your own!
- Andrea asks: Who’s your favorite witch character?
My Thoughts of the Week…
If you haven’t heard, although this was last week and I’m not a reader of his works, but Tom Clancy passed away at the age of 66. He was so young, it’s scary knowing that there are so many talented people who are either dying of natural and unnatural causes these days. Happy Thanksgiving long weekend to my Canadiana Readies 🙂 Take a picture of your gobbling and brag lol