What you might’ve missed…
Reviewed the second book from the series Seeds of America Forge. Which was brilliant, it I do say so myself.
I asked the big question: How do readers read so many books? I, personally, think for some of the few questions I’ve asked, this one was quite successful 🙂
In the news…
I have a story, so keep reading. In Edmonton, there’s a really neat building called Telus World of Science. Every so often they host these really fantastic events. Still with me? Right now from November 23rd, 2013 to March 9, 2014 they are hosting a Harry Potter Exhibition, with English speaking guides and everything! But that’s not really the point I was getting at. Edmonton CBC (that’s Canadian Broadcasting Company) was hosting a contest. The object was the submit a question that they would ask the Weasley twins. The winner would be able to come into the station and ask actors James and Oliver Phelps that question. O-Em-Gee! I’m so incredibly jealous of the 17-years-old girl who got the winning question.
I think I know what I’m doing over the holidays 😉
Did you get to see Catching Fire over the weekend? Don’t tell me! I’m also just forewarning you all that I’m not going to read your views on it until I’ve seen it myself. Yup, I’m just that honest. But please enjoy this post of a few video parodies of THG/Catching Fire.
Memes we’re in…
- Ellie gives a top ten list of books she’d recommend for Disney Princesses – so clever!
- I hope you had a chance to sign up for Amber’s read-a-thon #novamberthon.
- Asti goes around the world with Mark Zusak’s The Book Thief, as she covers the covers.
Continuing with Harry Potter theming…
- Buzzfeed does Instagram for HP adults – I’m noticing Harry is an Insta-fiend!
- Asti is hosting a Harry Potter themed game. Check it out if you haven’t already!
What we’re talking about…
- Ellie asks why does everybody read the same books? Good question, you should go answer it too!
- If you had the pleasure of having coffee with Andrea.. you’d learn a lot about her.
- Candace asks how we feel about using Pinterest as a blogging tool.
- Help send books to Pine Ridge Reservation, I love this initiative and it’s a great way for you to take a load off of some of those books you really don’t want on your shelf!
- Hack Library School had a guest poster, Fobazi, who brought up an interesting discussion point on what students in the MLIS program are expected to learn and what isn’t offered, but should. Check out Black OR Queer?
- Amanda is discussing writers’ problems. It includes GIFs!! 😀
- Looking for some unique gift ideas for your booklover?
My final thoughts…
What was the last book event you attended (ie signing, reading, exhibit, etc..)? What was it? Who was the host and who was the guest of honor (so to speak)? I would love to hear your stories. Did you feel kind of starstruck for a brief second? Or did your tongue flop out your mouth the entire time. Comment below with your fun, interesting, inspiring stories, or if you have a really lengthy one, send me an email at email@example.com. Otherwise, I hope you guys had a great weekend! I know mine has been spent mostly indoors with an unusually cuddly kitten 🙂