What you missed…
I reviewed Sophia’s War by Avi.
A TTT on books I hope to dive into over the cold season.
My biggest dilemma is trying to figure out what I should be getting a degree in. So many choices.
My Friday Finds are always so fantastic and multi-genred.
I’m currently in the process of reading a really random book from my school shelves: Update: review coming soon!
My Big Mouth: 10 Songs I Wrote that Almost got Me Killed by Peter Hannan. I have no clue what brought to pick up this book, but it’ll probably be like reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney, and I haven’t even read that.
What we’re reviewing…
- Kalli and the Geekettes.
- Amber reviewed Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.
- Belle of Literati is reviewing her favorite The Book Thief quotes.
- The Hunger Pains, the parody that’s not funny by Christina. The GIFs make it worthwhile.
- Dear Jen, I may have to borrow some of your ideas for my next film review. Check out Jen’s review for the movie Catching Fire.
- Michelle reviews The Madman’s Daughter. I have to agree is a fantastic read!
What we’re talking about…
- Teen furries.
- What are you reading to ring in the new year?
- Bookish phrases that we need to work on.
- Stacked is talking about the humor genre.
- Which of these book blogger points do you relate to most?
- Andrea talks about the reality vs. the expectation of her blogging.
- HSL discusses the pros and cons of service learning.
- 10 books Kelly would recommend to her children.
What we’re ranting about…
- Kelli wants Neal Shusterman to rewind her.
- Jen (slightly) rants about how publishers are sending us stuff that we may (or may not) want.
- Amy’s guest blogger delves into the discussion of good and bad with audiobooks.
I knew I’d find more links for you last minute gift givers! 😉
- Insanely clever gifts!
- How to give a book that somebody will actually want.
- Or how about homemade gift wrap ideas?
- BookTrib discusses the 5 things you should know when considering on gifting a book.
- Things you can do with brown wrapping paper.
- Amy has an awesome wishlist and I want it all!
My final thoughts…
This past week was undeniably one of the busiest weekends I’ve had in a long time, and I do mean long. I mean, probably not since high school long. Between chaperoning at a school dance and then a staff party and after-party the next night, I actually enjoyed the few priorities of Sunday. I did some baking of pine nut cookies, which turned out awesome! I also made a some protein packed snacks for the family, as protein is the most difficult nutriotional source we, as humans, have trouble getting enough of on a daily basis. So we have protein poppers, quinoa protein bars, and choco-cherry almond energy bars.
How was your weekend everybody? If you have any awesome, family favorite recipes to share, just leave them in the comment below!
p.s. 4.5 more days of school 😀