Hey everybody! So, in the true fashion of a one-year anniversary, I will be signing up for another year long reading challenge. This one is strictly in geared for books of series. Which is being hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat.
How many of you have started a series, loved it and for some reason never continued? Who here is sick and tired of getting the judgey face because you haven’t read “that” series yet? How often have you said “I really want to read that series!” only to not even glance at it in the bookstore? By a show of hands how many of you have added an entire series to your Goodreads TBR shelf more than 3 months ago and STILL haven’t started yet?! The 2014 Series Challenge is your chance to take all those empty promises and make them real. This is a challenge for YOU, so you’ll set your pace and decide what you will read but I do have a few guidelines:
- You have to FINISH the series.
- If the series isn’t complete yet, or will not be completed before December 1st, 2014 read up to the most recent book in said series.
- Novellas count, but are optional.
- If you decide to break up with a series after book one, it does not count!
- You do not have to START the series in 2014, you just have to FINISH it in 2014
- Series that you started prior to 2014 are fine as long as you FINISH the series in 2014
- The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December 1st, 2014
- Proof that you finished the book is required. It could be a full review, a mini review, or a rating with a few lines.
- DNF’s do not count. PERIOD.
1-3 series – Bronze Badge
4-6 series – Silver Badge
7-11 – Gold Badge
12+ – Platinum Badge
For this challenge, I’m aiming to achieve the Silver Badge. I believe there are many series’ that I need to finish, want to finish, and have to finish even if I didn’t want to read it, I might well just to get “more points” 😉
Also by earning this badge I would be entered into a giveaway for a book of my choice from the Book Depository, Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Kobo (valued at no more than $15, obviously 😉 )
Like before, I won’t really throw a list together because you just never know what will come up in the future. I do know that I need to finish at least these 2 series:
– Harry Potter (donthurtme)
– Flavia de Luce
Apart from that we’ll see how things go!
What challenges have you signed up for in 2014?