I’m skipping Friday Finds for this week but next week I’ll be back up and running with regular scheduled stuff as I tackle the few challenges I’ve signed up for. This Weekly Round Up! will be pretty packed and I’m sorry if I boggle my fellow bloggers with Pings or Link-backs galore!
What you missed…
- Parajunkee held a two week long questionnaire, that was how I rang in the new year: Answering questions.
- The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
In 2014, we vow to…
Like any blog, bloggers love to create a to-do list and things we’d love to accomplish or change in the new year. I’m not innocent from this concept. Here are some links from around the web of some of my favorite “resolutionists”.
- Kelley discusses her ultimate resolve for her TBR list.
- Natalie has her goals announced with banners… kinda. But they’re super simple yet difficult all at once!
- Nafiza lists her reading challenges for this year.
- Evie‘s blogging resolutions are as followed…
- Susan made a couple of posts about what she hopes to achieve in 2014: 1 | 2
- Allison makes her resolutions personal.. kinda?
- Asheley has some of her top 10 things she’d like done this year.
- Ashley‘s reasons for following your blog. Would you make the cut?
- Asti discusses the common fears when starting a blog. They’re so true!
- Kelly previously arguments why copying and pasting comments is not okay. I couldn’t agree more. I like personality 🙂
- Ruby discusses the pros and cons of why she (and I’m sure many others) blog.
- Steph asks the non-bloggers whether they like reading about ARCs.
- Anna tells us why she doesn’t do “negative”.
- Michelle briefly (Ha! Get it?) asks what’s fair game for book to teli reviews.
On non-blogging but still about books…
- Jen talks about her ultimate goal for organizing her library. Ugh how I wish I had that similar style of commitment 🙂
- Kelly discusses when it’s difficult to support those indie bookstores.
- Books to read after a breakup.
- When do you get to that point when you have to call it quits and throw that book in DNF pile? Here’s what Nikki says.
- Brittany answers the question of why she reads YA (and gives you a little insight on what it’s done for her 😉 )
- Ashley tells us why she won’t reread the first three Harry Potter books.
- Belle of Literati asks “How do you treat your books?“
- Deb shows us what not to do with our books.
So, I’ve started following Doge B. Rarian on Twitter.
- Paul gives The Book Thief a 5-stars!
- Devourer of Books gives her feedback on the movie Catching Fire.
- Elis reviews one of my favorite series’ from my pre-teens written by Louise Rennison.
- Chayse has Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I can’t wait for the sequel!
- Christina does a Miss Peregrine book review too!
- Missed an opportunity to meet the author of this awesome book! 5-Stars for The Gargoyle by Pushy.
- Megan does a lovely review of Code Name Verity.
- Although I don’t totally agree with the rating, that’s okay. The lovely lady at Just a little lost reviews The Madman’s Daughter.
Utilitarian way of reading…
- BookRiot gives us a list of 40 ways to listen to an audiobook even when you aren’t commuting. Also debunking the myth on whether listening to a book is cheating rather than reading.
- BookRiot and their suggestion of conquering the TBR list. Would this work for you?
The random stuff about books…
- Oldest bookstores in the world.
Once again, sorry to everybody and hopefully next week things will lighten up. Even my Friday finds will be small. I can’t stomach the idea of creating such a lengthy post that consists 90% images. I’m too nice for that 😉
P.S. Guys I don’t know if you know this about Book Blogging.net, but if you don’t there’s an awesome Book Trade option to partake in! It’s awesome! I only hope I have books I can possibly exchange with somebody somewhere else.
Until next week everybody 😀