I forgot to post last weeks round up… silly because I had most of it finished, well not really, but I had started it! Some of the links were part of last weeks roundup and some from this week. The post might be a smidge lengthy, but I’m sure you’ll forgive me for that 😉
What you might’ve missed…
- The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- The Dark Lady by Irene Adler
- Little Monkey Calms Down by Michael Dahl
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Everybody’s all “woo-hoo’d” about the Olympics. Sorry guys I won’t be talking too much about it here.
Books on my WoW list from January…
You read it too?
- Amanda writes an amazing review for Laini Taylor’s Days of Blood and Starlight.
- Kath reviews Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
- Brittany is another advocate for the awesome Laini Taylor series.
What we’re talking about…
- Ellie gives us a post on her thoughts from the ALA Midwinter Conference.
- Cass brings up the issue of plagiarism. It’s serious and very real.
- Kelly writes a letter to a Plagiarist.
- Ashley gives pointers on dealing with a plagiarist and how to fill out the paper work with DMCA
- Scott talks about piracy, it’s just as bad as plagiarism!
- Amber’s reasoning behind not being part of the hunt for male:female protagonists.
- Have you heard about The Author Commandments?
- How long is too long for a review, Andrea asks what you think.
- How do you read your series’, wait for all of it or read it piece-by-piece?
- Terri shares her expenditures in the book department and how much she has saved because she takes advantage of her local library.
- Tara describes some common book blogger issues.
Other Bookish Delights…
My Thoughts of the Week…
Last week two things happened: Sochi and Bob Marley’s birthday. I honestly don’t have much to announce. This week will be me being busy with the school Scholastic book fair, and a lonely Valentine’s Day weekend because Boo and I agreed that we’d save our money for the following weekend which is a full week off during Teacher’s convention 😀
So how have you guys been? Anything new and exciting? I need to come up with some good discussion posts to keep my blog look alive when I have no reviews to publish…