There’s nothing that ever says a shared link has to be from something published this last week. I like to share anything and everything that I have found interesting, even if it’s a few months, and quite possibly a few years old!
My feature consists of an average of 10 links that I fell in love with, or at least felt the need as an information specialist to share with you, whether you’re just an avid book reader or a librarian who hasn’t seen this particular article yet. Sometimes I post Youtube videos, and maybe I’ll one day be thematic! But for now, please enjoy the following links, and feel free to share your own in the comments down below.
- Malawian teen builds windmills all from the knowledge he acquired from the library.
- Do books really have the power to heal?
- Ishmael Beah speaks at Appalachian State University convocation.
- Any tips for Carlisa on life management?
- One of my favorite mayors is reading a picture book to a group of 2nd graders:
Work has been relatively busy this past week. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see that I’ve been working on my Banned Books Week display-stuff. I’m kind of excited 🙂
I also started a hashtag for my library #McTavishReads, which I’m kind of excited to launch and hope that the kids will use it during the bookfair, or to take a Shelfie or three. Somethings take time, but I’m hoping with a little publicity and word of mouth I’ll be able to get it rolling nicely by the end of the year 😀